Jailbreaking is full of news these days through a number of demonstrations and exploiting. And thanks to the developer Jake James, we finally came into a tool update. But this is specifically targeting developers based on SSH. And with its rootless frame, it appears different from other jailbreaks following a different pattern. And it gives no Cydia or Cydia substrate. To learn how Jailbreak iOS 12 with rootlessJB works, read on the complete note here.
About rootlessJB Jailbreak iOS 12
Although this is intended to developers, the news about the release arrests all the users as this has ended the long wait. This new update could install and operate on A9-A11 Apple devices. And here the tool targets iOS 12.0-iOS 12.1.2 but not further. And it does not yet support any of the new iPhone devices like iPhone XS, XR or iPhone XS Max and also iPad Pro 2018. So here are the supported devices.
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X and iPhone SE
- iPad devices do not have A12 or newer chipsets
How to Jailbreak iOS 12 with rootlessJB?
- Step 1: Go to “jailbreaks.fun” from the iPhone or iPad to start the process. Once you launch to the interface, search rootlessJB on the search bar.
- Step 2: soon once you get to the searched results, continue through “Get button” and download the file into the device
- Step 3: Wait for the complete download and installation. Then go to settings from the device, General > device management and select the profile installed. Tap the name and continue to trust from the device allowing it to make changes in the system
- Step 4: Before moving to the process, enable Airplane mode
- Step 5: Now open rootlessJB from the home page and confirms the “Tweaks” toggle is successfully turned on. And then, continue through the “Jailbreak” button on the main interface and wait
- Step 6: Now you need to leave the program to successfully jailbreak iOS. If it resprings, you are successfully done jailbreaking. But in case if the device restarts after all processing, you need to run the process back
RootlessJB with Tweak injection
As RootlessJB is SSH based there we find no Cydia download or Cydia substrate support. So this means, anyone successfully jailbreaks with rootlessJB has to install tweaks through SSH. And it is not that easy like you install Cydia apps and tweaks through other jailbreak tools so far. However, we recently found James with follow up tweets saying rootlessJB can tweak different parts of SpringBoard and also with unsandboxed applications by now and will get more updates in the days ahead. But it is not supporting sandboxed apps like messages, Notes, settings, Home etc as of this stage.
RootlessJB for Jailbreak iOS 12 is now out but with various conditions and limitations. If you are not a developer, you should definitely follow our guide or any proper guide to get successfully through this new tool. But in case if you are only in the expectation on complete iOS 12 jailbreak with Cydia, you need to stay on the lowest possible. So use downgrade rights and get in to iOS 12.1.1 while it is allowed.