Jailbreak iOS goes for all iDevices. Just as it includes iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, this goes for Apple TV as well. The latest Apple TV Jailbreak is released from Pangu. And as with our own time with the process, it is successful with all qualities to recommend any other in need of complete freedom over its limited operating system and performance. So go through the complete step guide together with the facts of caution.
A word on Apple TV Jailbreak
Just like we come to know jailbreak and Cydia Download, Jailbreak Apple TV also comes with the firmware running. So go through the quick facts previous to start the process.
- Pangu jailbreak for Apple TV is only offered for the 4th Generation latest model. So it will not work for the previous
- The jailbreak is only for tvOS 9.0 or 9.0.1
- The user interface is missing here as it is still an SSH-based jailbreak
Note: As jailbreak is strict to certain limitations, proceed with caution. And remember it comes with no wide tweak support for the device yet
- 4th Generation Apple TV on tvOS 9.0 or 9.0.1
- A Mac
- A USB cable in Type-C
- Xcode App on the Mac as the software requirement
- Finally an Apple development membership
Jailbreak Apple TV with Pangu- Complete Step Guide
- Download “atvjb.zip” from Pangu official web page and extract. Then go to Xcode and select your connected Apple TV device to record the UDID
- Then to register, connect the both the power cord and the USB-C cable. As you here require UDID to register, keep the record of UDID somewhere (hexadecimal string long with a number of characters)
- Go the Developer account and register your device’s UDID
- Then create a new App ID to process the jailbreak
- If done, it will now create a mobile provision file. So go with Choose tvOS App Development > Next > developer certificate. In the device selection, select your Apple TV to jailbreak. Then Download the file
- Once done in downloading, change the name into the file to embedded.mobileprovision and add it to the Apple TV jailbreak folder
- Heading Keychain Access > choose certificates and giving developer certificate you can get the common name and Team ID (The Organizational Unit) which are needed to install
- Now it is to install script. Now switch to perimeters to the ed the ones. So in the back version as blank version is: Install_atv_jb.sh <udid> <bundleid> <team id> <common name id> put the UDID, the bundle ID, the team ID and common name which should then look like, “Install_atv_jb.sh e5e2c931d4a94ecf71e12a88b0b4579b com.sample.tvjb 93AA45BBCC “iPhone Developer: test (ALI766JXB5)”
- Now Pangu jailbreak app will install on the Apple TV. So go with the app and let Apple TV jailbreak happen
- So now you are done jailbreaking
This is the complete Apple TV Jailbreak guide with latest Pangu tool update. And as tvOS 10.0-10.1 also expect an imminent net update, we invite you to stay with us. And remember, this is targeting the developer’s crowd and security researchers with no GUI interface support.